Published books by or about the Scoresby's may be consulted in the Museum Library. An appointment is advisable.
The Scoresby archive is not on open access. It is possible for researchers to view items in
which they have a particular interest by prior appointment, subject to conservation considerations.
Daisy Hill School, Bradford
- Ship's journals for the Resolution 1803-1812, Esk 1813-1817, Fame 1818, Baffin 1820-23
- Manuscripts and illustrations for the Account of Arctic Regions
- Scoresby senior's printed plans for improvements to Whitby town and harbour
- Notebooks relating to Scoresby junior's studies at Edinburgh University
- Drawings of ice, snowflakes and Arctic wildlife
- Notes, papers and charts regarding climate and the extent of the Arctic ice sheet
- Guidebooks and notes from Scoresby's visit to Paris in 1824
- Notes, correspondence, lectures and papers regarding ship magnetism, the compass and related subjects
- Papers and correspondence regarding Scoresby's ministry, particularly in Bradford
- Notebooks and correspondence regarding Scoresby's two visits to America
- Lectures and notes on zoistic magnetism and hypnotism, etc.
- Correspondence and papers regarding the search for Sir John Franklin's expedition
- Correspondence and papers regarding Scoresby's visit to Australia
- Notes, lectures and drawings on refraction and optical spectra